Welcome!

Saturday, July 25, 2026

Blessing & Burnout


Daily Grind

Dishes are done; it’s time to fix dinner.


Laundry is caught up; it’s time for baths, and clothes go into the hamper.


The living room is clean, but it looks like a bomb went off in the playroom.


There is always something to do. Some days, it can feel defeating. 


Albert Einstein is credited with the saying, “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.” I don’t know what different result I expect. I guess that maybe after I do all the things, the things will stay like I did them for a bit.


I was told once that burnout is a mindset that can be treated with gratitude. 


Instead of I have to do dishes, think, “I get to do dishes because my family had food to eat.”

Instead of I have to clean up a mess, think “I get to have playtime with my kiddos.” 


I understand it. I really do. I’m grateful for the reason I have messes and laundry and dishes, but it can still be tiring to do them all the time. Two things can be true at the same time. 



Daily Help
Psalm 73:26 says it best. “My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” 

There have been nights that I have tucked in the kiddos for bed then sat in a pity-party-for-one, rehashing the moments throughout the day when burnout got the best of me. My heart and flesh failed me.

Maybe I was snippy and short tempered or just kind of checked out and going through the motions. Not my proudest “Mom of the Year” days if you know what I mean. Yet, the Lord is good to forgive us and our littles will too.


Being needed 112% of the time is just a season, and it goes so fast. The Lord renews us and gives us much needed strength when we are weary.


His Truth, Our Journey

Sometimes motherhood feels like a superpower and some days it feels like exhaustion deep in our bones. The kind of tired that a nap won’t fix, like when when you’ve heard “MOMMA!” for the gazillionth time. In reality, though, it’s still my favorite thing to be called


I have such a blessed life, and I refuse to have a mentality that turns the things I prayed for into a burden.


 

Thanks for stopping by! I’d love to hear from you!
When you have been burning at both ends, what are some ways you like to get in some self-care?

Momma Writes 



No comments:

Post a Comment